Christ Ministries School of Divinity’s Master of Divinity (M.Div.) is intended to prepare students for professional work in Christian ministry within local churches as well as para-church organizations. The M.Div. program provides an in-depth knowledge of biblical leadership principles and methods, and an in-depth study of Scripture and Christian principles. Coursework places emphasis on embracing the essential values, knowledge, and skills needed to serve in a variety of roles as a pastor, missionary, evangelist, etc.
Length: 96 credit hours. Students typically complete this degree in 2 years.
Format: Courses are delivered face-to-face and online.
Graduates of this program:
- Experience holistic formation with emphasis on Christ-like character and spiritual vitality.
- Develop competence in biblical literacy and interpretation, ministerial ethics, and theological reflection, Christian counseling, leadership, and pulpit ministry.
- Prepare for Christ-centered leadership in the education, training and development of communities served.
- Enhance their global competence for balanced understanding, practice and participation in diverse contemporary contexts of life.
- Advance their proficiency in the content, theory and practice of ministerial leadership.
- Advance their proficiency in biblical studies.
Students in the M.Div. program take 18 credit hours of “context” courses, 30 credit hours of “perspectives” courses and 18 credit hours of “concentration” courses. In addition, M.Div. students take at least three credit hours associated with a supervised ministry experience, and three credit hours associated with a summative experience.
|DIV 500 Foundations of the Apostles Doctrine||4 credits|
|DIV 501 Acts of the Apostles I||4 credits|
|DIV 502 Acts of the Apostles II||4 credits|
|DIV 503 Acts of the Apostles III||4 credits|
|DIV 504 Acts of the Apostles IV||4 credits|
|DIV 505 Identity of the Minister||4 credits|
|DIV 506 Pentecostal Theology I – One God||4 credits|
|DIV 506 Pentecostal Theology II – New Birth||4 credits|
|DIV 507 Prayer and the Minister||4 credits|
|DIV 508 Evangelism: Sowing and Reaping||4 credits|
|DIV 509 Glossolalia||4 credits|
|DIV 509 Growing Leaders||4 credits|
|DIV 510 Administrative Leadership Skills||4 credits|
|DIV 511 Ministerial Development Basics||4 credits|
|DIV 512 Ministerial Development Advanced||4 credits|
|DIV 513 Practical Skills for Spiritual Leaders||4 credits|
|DIV 514 Prayer and Fasting||4 credits|
|DIV 515 Praying with Purpose||4 credits|
|DIV 516 Preparation for Biblical Messages||4 credits|
|DIV 517 Pulpit Ministry||4 credits|
|DIV 518 Christian Ethics||4 credits|
|DIV 519 Pastoral Counseling||4 credits|
|DIV 520 Supervised Ministry Experience||4 credits|
|DIV 521 Supervised Ministry Experience||4 credits|
|DIV 522 Summative Experience||4 credits|
|DIV 523 Preventing Ministry Failure||4 credits|