Christ Ministries School of Divinity
Christ Ministries School of Divinity is a high-quality, seminary program for select individuals who want to follow their faith into ministry development and education for the 21st century. Divinity students receive first-rate curriculum in biblical interpretation, theology and Christian counseling, leadership, and ministerial practice to guide them in leading a more effectively ministry. Students leave the program with the necessary tools and real-world knowledge and practice to launch their ministry. Classes are taught by scholars and distinguished practitioners. Whether students choose to become a minister, teach in the academy, join the military, or serve on the mission field, they can change the world through the Gospel.
The School of Divinity Mission Statement:
Our mission is to provide theological and practical education that seeks to be faithful to the Scriptures and emphasizes the renewing work of the Holy Spirit in order to form men and women who will bear witness to the gospel of Jesus Christ in the church, the academy and the world.
The School of Divinity is committed to the following core values:
- Spiritual formation within the context of life-long learning, which recognizes the ongoing development of Christ-like character as the primary building block for Christian life and service.
- Leadership development from a renewal perspective, which embraces the contemporary expression of the Holy Spirit.
- Excellence in Biblical and theological education, which is grounded on the authority of the Bible as the inspired Word of God, and which reflects forward-looking learning.
- Practical training and experience that promote healthy habits of the heart, mind, and spirit, and which equip graduate professionals for fruitful ministry in the church, community, and the world.
- Advancement of world evangelization and discipleship, which are primary Biblical mandates.
The School of Divinity serves learners from many backgrounds. We desire to equip learners to minister effectively within their own church and various spheres of influence. In particular, we seek to serve learners and churches within the spiritual renewal movement. As an educational and faith community, we assume that learners are active in ministry. Correspondingly, we seek to encourage their growth in: spiritual formation, theological and Biblical integrity, the fruit and gifts of the Holy Spirit, and commitment to the Church and its outward thrust in evangelism and missions.
Statement of Faith
Christ Ministries School of Divinity is a Christ-centered institution. We are committed to an evangelical interpretation and application of the Christian faith. Our school is closely identified with the present-day renewal movement, which emphasizes the gifts, fruit, and ministries of the Holy Spirit. We believe:
- The Holy Bible is the inspired, infallible, and authoritative source of Christian doctrine and precept;
- There is one God, eternally existent who manifest Himself as Father, Son, and Holy Ghost;
- Man was created in the image of God but, as a result of sin, is lost and powerless to save himself;
- The only hope for man is to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, the virgin-born son of God, who died to take upon Himself the punishment for the sin of mankind, and who rose from the dead, so that by receiving Him as Savior and Lord, man is redeemed by His blood (see Acts 2:38; 4:12);
- Jesus Christ will personally return to Earth in power and glory;
- The Holy Spirit indwells those who receive Christ, for the purpose of enabling them to live righteous and holy lives;
- The Church is the body of Christ and is comprised of all those who through belief in Christ have been spiritually regenerated by the indwelling Holy Spirit. The mission of the Church is worldwide evangelization and the nurture and discipline of Christians.